- Anti-National Translation: Faces of the new right (from the archive)
- James Bloodworth: Trotskyists and the State of Israel (Obliged to Offend); Cuban “reforms” – a step backwards for workers (Workers Liberty)
- Citizen Sane: The Guardian on China (Mind Trumpet)
- Shaun Downey: Out and about (photography)
- Michael Ezra: Stalinist Roots of Left-Antisemitism (Harry’s Place), The Eichmann Polemics: Hannah Arendt and Her Critics (Democratiya, from the archive), Malcolm Caldwell: Pol Pot’s Apologist (Democratiya, from the archive).
- Flesh is Grass: Fire gospel
- Ben Gidley: Antisemitism and Islamophobia (The Muslim Institute), Jacqueline Rose’s Last Resistance (Democratiya, from the archive).
- Michael Harris: Europe's shame: the dictatorship of Belarus (The Independent, from the archive), The Audit Commission charges poorer areas more (Lewisham Central Hither Green Labour).
- Marko Attila Hoare: Angels can tell the difference (Greater Surbiton), We cannot afford to let Gaddafi win (Henry Jackson Society)
- Jams O’Donnell: It’s not too late to stand trial, Witch hunt in Tehran (The Poor Mouth)
- Carl Packman: Save Open Spaces – From Pitsea to Hadleigh Castle (Raincoat Optimism), Lord Acton was wrong, right? (Though Cowards Flinch)
- Poumista: Shoot them like partridges (from the archive)
- Richard Sanderson: Mayday Jack in the Green (Baggage Reclaim – note the new home!), Improvisations for melodeon (music, Bandcamp)
- Francis Sedgemore: Citizens not subjects
- Kellie Strom: Blitz Wolf (Airforce Amazons)
- George Szirtes: What fire stations ought to look like, Voting and shooting.
- Mira Vogel: Australian Greens think anti-Israel campaigning lost them the election (Greens Engage), Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung report on prejudice in Europe (Engage)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The reading list
In this week's round-up, I'm highlighting some of my London comrades, in alphabetical order.