Typealyzer

Via a Cloud in Trousers (who turns out to be the same personality type as brockley.blogpot) I reached the Typealyzer, which does an MBTI analysis of blogs. Here's me:

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.



Neil adds, and exactly the same applies to me:
Now I know it's all about the writing and not the author (rumours of the death of the author are greatly exaggerated) but most of the description also applies to the author. Most but not all. The final sentence, "They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters" is a no, no, no when it comes to the life of the author.

Comments

kellie said…
Ohh, I thought this was going to be a post about another kind of type.
And have you tried to ask the typalizer yet if you are male or female?

I have and it turns out I'm 77% male!

http://contentious-centrist.blogspot.com/2008/11/jung-put-to-good-use-there-is-something.html
Anonymous said…
That's funny, CC, cuz when you and I originally started going at it a year and a half ago, I operated under a sexist assumption that you were male, as did my (staunchly feminist) wife. I was promptly corrected by several observers of our spat.
mine was exactly the same, dows it do anything different for anyone?
bob said…
When I first met Noga (on a comment at my blog) I thought she was male, then realised otherwise by reading her blog better.

Turns out she's maler than me: Genderanalyzer puts me at 63% male, close to Norm and Mick.

(I missed this link from CC, put off by the word "Jung".)

Daniel, I've now come across 2 non-Mechanics, so it's obviously just that you, me and and Cloud in Trousers are fundamentally alike.
Anonymous said…
Seems like you can enter any blog URL into the typealyzer and it will return some mildly fawning definition.

They seriously need some more realistic stereotypes.
This would explain thw logic of the typealizer:

"Both men and women have centers for speech and for memory. In the case of men, the center for speech is here, while the center for memory is here. When a man talks, his center for speech is active, and when he remembers something, his center for memory is active. On the other hand, when a woman wants to talk, she puts both centers into action. This may give us an explanation why women are more talkative.

What is the outcome of this? When a woman talks, she uses the part of the brain that contains the memory, because in the case of women, both centers function for speech and memory. So when a woman talks, she might use the part of the brain containing the memory for talking – and that's it, the data is lost. Therefore, if we need the testimony of women in cases pertaining to human lives, property, honor, or the stability of justice, we must take into consideration this fact of life in the nature of women."

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1930.htm
Anonymous said…
And on that light-hearted note . . .
Breanne said…
Hi there! I came across this post through my Google Alerts for the word "MBTI." This may or may not be of interest to you, but I write a blog about the MBTI and wrote a post about how Typealyzer is basically junk. I know lots of people are checking it out for entertainment sake- and that's totally cool...but I hope you don't confuse those "blog type" results for your own personality type. Anyway, I won't go into why the site is junk here, I just wanted to let you know if you wanted to learn more, here's the original post: http://www.thembtiblog.com/2008/11/websites-that-ruin-my-day.html. I also have a discussion in the comments section with the creator of the Typealyzer site.
CarolineLD said…
Definitely junk - apparently my love for outdoor sports and physical activity shines through. I couldn't be less sporty and neither could my blog...

Popular Posts