2013 at Bob From Brockley
1. A lot of bullshit about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman
This is my fifth most read post ever, for some reason. A slightly contrarian take on liberal received opinion on the case. The "bullshit" of the title refers to that liberal received opinion.
2. The Woolwich killings and the Lewisham Islamic Centre
I have a somewhat heavy heart about this post, which was one of a series I wrote after the appalling slaying of Lee Rigby in Woolwich, Southeast London, in the summer. This one focuses on my local mosque, and asks if it is hosting hate preachers.
3. Socialism in An Age of Waiting II: Iraq
The second in a three-part series looking back at the golden age of left decentist blogging, and specifically at responding to the war in Iraq. Part 1 weighed in at no.7.
4. Weighing into the Tommy Robinson debate
My take on the defection of far right demogogue Stephen Yaxley-Lennon from the EDL, the hate movement he formed.
5. Brixton Maoist Sex Cult Slave Shocker
On Comrade Bala's peculiar sect, and why understanding Leninism helps us understand it. I had second thoughts later, which I set out here.
6. I sang for the birds, for the river, the trees and the flowers but not the mullahs: Goodbye Shaun
This is my farewell to fellow blogger, Shaun Downey, who sadly passed away in March.
7. Socialism in an Age of Waiting
See no.3 above.
8. Blood on the streets
This post, from June, is more typical of my blogging output, especially in the last year or so, than most of the others here: it's a compendium of links to other people's stuff. This post had two main sections before moving into the miscellany: "Everywhere is struggle, everywhere is #Taksim", on the democratic insurgency in Turkey, and "The sultans", on Erdogan as an example of electoral authoritarianism as the dominant mode of contemporary politics.