Deaths and a yortsayt:
- A great man, if flawed: obituaries for Conor Cruise O'Brien, from Kellie, Woolly Days, Sean Coleman, Michael Weiss, and the Kammster.
- Blitheness and stamping: George Szirtes on Adrian Mitchell
- He was on the front line: death of an anti-fascist.
- Kirsty MacColl: Rosie B on the eighth anniversary of the death of a genuinely clever and witty woman.
- In Congo Square - colonial New Orleans: The Nation at its best.
- Cab Calloway, George Gershwin and the joys of Yiddish: Zalman Mlotek audio-slideshow from Radio 3.
- A modest bread: the short history of the bagel.
- Stalinism lives: on the raid on Memorial and the re-writing of Russia's history.
- Born in prison: on the North Korean gulag.
- The immorality of pacifism, the necessity of intervention: Your Friend on Peter Tatchell on Robert Mugabe
- The Al Farabi Concerto: opening our eyes to music.
- The Deserted Village: Louis Proyect on two diaspora films.
Rethinking secular liberalism:
- I missed the 400th anniversary: Theo Hobson on John Milton.
- Don't Dinesh my Hitch!: 2HC on how to order a Hitchens
Other people's linktasticas:
- Variousness at Antigerman Translation: lots of links on the left-right convergence, Baader-Meinhof, etc (and a link to my last linktastica).
- Elsewhere at Roland's place: A list which overlaps with this one.
Oh, and Chag Urim Sameach and all that. (Especially to those to whom it matters, and especially to TNC, Noga, FiG, DZ, Keith, Snoopy and Matt. Thanks for the links, comments and khavershaft over the year.)