- Afghanistan: Paween Mushtakhel forced into hiding as Taleban return to Kabul, for being a woman.
- Iraq: Himyar Salih Iqaal, arrested for fighting for agricultural workers' rights.
- Pakistan: women under attack from the Taliban in Swat.
- Bangladesh: Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury attacked by Awami League thugs.
- Iran: more students arrested. [ADDED: To see TV International programme on the teachers’ strike, flogging of women May Day labour activists, the death sentence of teacher Farzad Kamangar, in Iran, click here (via Maryam Namazie. See also WPI on 30th anniversary of Iranian revolution.)]
- Morocco: pre-emptive ban on feminist organisation Ni Putes Ni Soumises. [H/t Jogo]
- UK: the Mitie cleaners, cleaning up for the criminals of global capitalism.
- UK/Saudi Arabia: Yahya Al-Faifi, courgeous trade unionist seeking asylum.