- London Bloggers Do It On The Tube (But Mostly Standing Up) from Fork Handles
- Kate asks: Is Lewisham a chav town?
- Jade Goody's Celebrity Big Brother turn has of course affirmed the general (middle class) public's association between South London and chavness (Jade's from Bermondsey, of course, although she thinks she has better herself, Barrymore style, by crossing over to Essex). Even class warrior Jim joins the chorus. Who will speak up for the white working class of Bermondsey?
- Adam is sadly leaving us, and shows us what he'll be missing. He inspires 30thFebruary to give us his homage to the borough.
- Slightly (and his gran) featured twice in Andrew's round-up, including with this nice reminiscence of old Deptford. (See also Zefrog on Manze's.)
- Finally, three versions of "Guns of Brixton" in mp3: The Clash from In Search of Arcadia, Nouvelle Vague from Pogo A Go Go, and (my favourite) Calexico from The Daily Growl.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
It's been a while since I did my last Sarf London blog round-up (especially now Andrew does his regular Lewisham blog round-up, and my Sarf London is pretty much Lewisham...) So here, we are.