I happen to be quite a big fan of George Monbiot, but of late I've begun to worry about the poor guy. Last week he was explaining how he found comfort in his own death and today he's going after Kenneth Clarke in an column which leaves me in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with this fellow. Now if Monbiot were going after him about his involvement in Uzbekistan (which he mentions only in passing), that'd be a different matter. A possible discussion point for next week?
- Registan.net: Protests in Samarkand
- Craig Murray - Weblog
- 'I will blog about the situation in Uzbekistan, supporting call for sanctions on Uzbek cotton on September 1st' - PledgeBank [I won't have computer access on the 1st, so I can't sign the pledge]
- the Disillusioned kid: The Uzbekistan Meme
- To the Tooting Station: Ken Clarke Worse Than Stalin, Hitler And Mao
- Myopic Thoughts: News From Turkmenistan