Last updated 15:36 Brockley time.Please note: non-Gaza stuff at the bottom of this post too!
Israel, Gaza and Hamas
- David Semple: Relative to the Holocaust (thoughtful socialist perspective) (see also this post on the solidarity march and this one on whatabouttery)
- Slugger o'Toole: Good God, Gaza and Gonzo (on Palestine "solidarity" in Belfast) [h/t Kellie]
- Your Friend in the North: Left-wing fascism - an infantile disorder
- Azarmehr: Death to Everyone! (more idiotic "solidarity"); Death to peace lovers! (on the Iranian theocracy's reoression of the Mothers of Peace); Raising 'awareness' (on the Press TV coverage)
- Mary Honeyball: women and the Gaza peace process [h/t Martin M]
- Z-Word: Getting Gaza wrong (read the last two paragraphs) and Mugabe's declares solidarity
- David Rosenberg reports on Saturday's demo
- False Dichotomies: Monotony (" The IDF is not free to do what the Sri Lankan Army is doing - defeating the Tamil Tigers, while displacing 200,000 civilians in the process. For white people will not march for the Tamils, and nor will they paint swastikas on the Sri Lankan flag."); Five comments.
- Robert Fine: as a Jew (response to IJV statement).
- Brigada Flores Magon: Direct Action? (on not going to the demo)
- David Horowitz: the war against the Jews (I hate to find myself agreeing with a lot of what Horowitz writes, but it is distressingly true) [h/t Jogo]
- More (older) links from Martin that I missed at the start of the year.
UPDATE: YET MORE HERE.
- Slack Bastard: crackpots engaged in pigwork (on the perverse survival or Maoism and Maoism-Third Worldism)
- Martin in the Margins: Christmas music and movies (I know this is a bit out of date now, but I missed it in December); Alan Bennett's LRB diary (my thoughts exactly)
- Martin M: Tales of three women (on Jade Goody, Shabana and Ms Rezayee)
- Ernest Sternberg in Telos: on BHL on the revivified fascist left
- Keith Kahn-Harris and David Hayes: The politics of ME, ME, ME (on on-line vitriol)