- Terry Glavin: on Shalom Lappin, on the incredibility of the slogan "stop the violence", on Canadian boycotters, on the failure of the anti-war movement, on the decent position, on the debasement of language, on the failure of the left.
- George Szirtes: on "stealing" land, on how to respond to the situation, on "disproportionate" violence.
- Greens Engage: statement on Gaza.
- Orthodox Anarchist: Epic morality fail (on the moral idiocy of Jews Against the Occupation).
- David Hirsh: Naomi Klein is wrong to call for boycott.
- David Rosenberg at Stroppyblog: The left needs a bigger picture.
- Janine: Which placard to pick?
- Eric Lee on the left and the "Holocaust" analogy.
- Michael Walzer: on proportionality.
- Jeffrey Goldberg: the world's pornographic interest in Jews' moral failure.
- Charles Lenchner on the pro-Palestinian demonstrators.
- BHL: Liberate the Palestinians from Hamas.
- International Marxist Tendency: Hamas rockets kill working class Arabs too.
- Orthodox Anarchist: Thoughts on Gaza.
- Jewish Labor Committee statement on the conflict.
- Hitchens on Gaza.
- Contested Terrain on the left's instrumentalisation of the Holocaust.
- Forward: Grasping Gaza.
- Thomas Friedman: the Mideast's Ground Zero.
- Rumi: move beyond an attachment to names.
- Lisa Goldman: wartime tales from Gaza and Sderot.
Monday, January 12, 2009
The war between Israel and Hamas
I guess I've remained silent on this blog about the terrible conflict in Gaza and southern Israel so far. This is because I really don't know what to think.
So, here are some of the blog posts and opinion pieces I found compelling.