- Jim refuses to compare "spoiled, middle-class brat" Amy Winehouse with the sublime Ella Fitzgerald.
The left that doesn't learn:
- Mitchell Cohen's "Anti-Semitism and the Left that Doesn’t Learn", in the fall issue of Dissent, prompts a fantastic post by Snarksmithy on Stalinism and anti-Zionism, as well as a post at Judeosphere on Tony Judt's intellectual dishonesty.
Who are the Paulistas?
- Sultan Knish dishes the dirt on the "Jews for Ron Paul" scamsters. Meanwhile, Roland takes apart the "leftists for Ron Paul" nutjobs.
The heroic resistance targets women:
- Jim nails the gynophobic barbarity of the Iraqi insurgents.
A beacon to the world:
- Peggy Noonan: Being a "beacon to the world" is more challenging than it sounds. I've got a soft spot for Noonan. She was an advisor on The West Wing, and I always picture the wonderful CJ when I imagine Ms Noonan. This is a great Thanksgiving piece, that illustrates her smooth prose style and thoughtful approach.
- Ron Silver, at Pajamas Media, claims the phrase "revolutionary liberal". Worth exploring? (Found via Roland.)
- Hocemo Li Na Kafu? obviously read the same blogs as me, but comment more intelligently.