Top posts of 2019
You've all been waiting for this. I do it every year. My top read posts of the year.
1. THE RCP'S LONG MARCH FROM ANTI-IMPERIALIST OUTSIDERS TO THE DOORS OF DOWNING STREET
On how a bizarre Trotskyist sect took over the Conservative and Brexit parties. Also cross-posted at Bella Caledonia. Go here for the sequel, with the web of thinktanks and astroturf campaigns they've incubated to drive the Brexit agenda.
2. WHAT'S WRONG WITH CHRIS WILLIAMSON?
Eighteen reasons Chris Williamson is a horrible human being (and most of them have nothing to do with antisemitism).
3. WHY HORSESHOE THEORY IS NONSENSE
I really need to add to this post, as some of the points were under-developed, but I felt it needed to be said.
4. A VOTE FOR THE CONSERVATIVES IS NOT A VOTE AGAINST ANTISEMITISM
On why Boris Johnson's Tories are really, really bad for the Jews (as well as everybody else).
5. MAX BLUMENTHAL, STOP THE WAR AND JENNY TONGE
On three of contemporary politics' forces for ill (and specifically for promoting the convergence of far right and left/liberal positions and for antisemitism to enter our movements.)
6. TERRY BURKE: 'RUSSIAGATE', SYRIA AND THE LEFT
A guest post I was proud to publish on Trumpism and its "left" variants.