- Woman Left Lonely. Recorded by Ella Moon, Janis Joplin, Cat Power and Kristin Oppenheim.
- Dark End of the Street (Penn and Chips Momam). Recorded by James Carr, Ray Hamilton, Dolly Parton, Oscar Toney Jr, Jim James, Alex Chilton and Teenage Fan Club, Cat Power and dozens of others.
- I'm Your Puppet. Recorded by James and Bobby Purify and the Drive By Truckers and lots of others. Sampled by Granddaddy I.U. and others.
- Uptight, Good Man. Recorded by Laura Lee
- Moments from this theater. Recorded by John Prine and Mac Wiseman
- You Left the Water Running. Recorded by Otis Redding, WC Clark and Bobby Purify.
- Cheater Man. Recorded by Irma Thomas.
- Rainbow Road. Recorded by Arthur Alexander.
- If You Want It, Come and Get It. Recorded by Irma Thomas.
- Laura Lee
- Percy Sledge
- Jeb Loy Nichols
- Drive By Truckers - by themselves and with Bettye Lavette
- JJ Cale
- Neil Young
- Arthur Alexander
- The Box Tops featuring Alex Chilton (Dan Penn)
P.S. What's your favourite Penn and Oldham version?
P.P.S. How did I forget "Do Right Man, Do Right Woman", a Penn-Moman song, recorded by Aretha, Gram Parsons, William Bell and others.
P.P.P.S. Jogo sent me this list of YouTube videos of "Dark End of the Street" (comments are his):
- Dan Penn (what a genius)
- James Carr (da kine)
- Percy Sledge (da kine)
- Diamanda Gallas (unbelievably bad, horrible)
- The Commitments (much better than you'd imagine)
- The Flying Burrito Brothers (too young for this song)
- Cat Power (disturbing, perhaps a joke?)
- Ysabellabrave (!) (odd, endearing)
- Eva Cassidy (OMG!)
- Ry Cooder (eh, not exactly) (strange)
- Elvis Costello (not too good)
- Pat Kelly (terrible, a crime against the song)
Bob's beats genre keywords: country music, soul music.
Bob's beats artist keywords: Penn and Oldham, Bettye Lavette, Dolly Parton.