For refugee week: Visions of Freedom

Part of my Refugee Week series.

I have blogged about Behnam Askari before. His art is currently being exhibited in

VISIONS OF FREEDOM
AN EXHIBITION OF PAINTINGS
BY BEHNAM ASKARI

Behnam Askari is a highly gifted visual artist and is a BA Hons Fine Arts student at Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design. Behnam and his family came to London in 2002. Behnam cannot return to his native Iran. He and his mother have been sentenced in absentia on political charges and face prison and torture. They are still waiting to be given the right to remain in the UK.
www.gopetition.com Quick Search:behnam

WATERMANS ARTS CENTRE
HIGH STREET BRENTFORD
THURSDAY 5TH JUNE-
SUNDAY 29TH JUNE
12PM - 9PM DAILY FREE ENTRY
www.watermans.org.uk/exhibitions

Comments

jams o donnell said…
Ach it's a shame I woun't be able to get over to see the exhibition.
Will said…
“It’s time for brown people to switch to Tory”

-Sunny Hundal, 16 June 2008
bob said…
Will, I saw this - couldn't believe it...
Ann ODyne said…
beautiful thank you.
may I steal this post for my blog.

when you do your atheism meme, you could add the big red A to link to Dawkins campaign ...
http://outcampaign.org/
bob said…
Dysthymiac - feel free. I'm going to do my atheism meme task this week, then my feelings on the big red A will be revealed...

Popular Posts